is a complaint that is not easily talked about. Known periods of libido loss in women occur right after childbirth or during menopause. Libido loss can appear at any moment in life, for both men and women.
Often causes can be found and the solution comes in many different shapes and forms. Stress, fatigue, medication and obesity are often the culprits. Usually a lack of ‘sex drive’ is temporary and improves when more attention and time is created for each partner in the relationship. Other causes can include: low self-esteem, lack of sleep, feeling pressure from a religious background, sexual trauma, alcohol consumption, lack of physical attraction, bad breath (really!), lack of exercise or hormonal imbalance.
Sexual desire is something personal; it’s a way to share a loving relationship with each other but it’s not a must. There are many ways to be intimate with each other. With or without sex, intimacy can be a part of your relationship. The important point is; What feels comfortable for you?
There are several natural remedies that increase sexual performance for both men and women.
They are available as supplements. Please, click on the links to find them at the webshop;
- Horny Goat Weed (Epimedium). For men. A compound in this herb blocks the effect of an enzyme that restricts blood flow to the penis. It’s known to have interactions with drugs like blood thinners, aspirin and antidepressants, to name a few. Always consult your doctor or therapist first before taking this herb.
- Tribulus or Bindii, is a plant that’s known to increase sexual strength, among other effects, in both men and women. It’s a safe supplement, provided that you are not pregnant, breastfeeding of suffer from prostate problems. Also refrain from taking Tribulus when on blood pressure medication or diabetes medication. Always consult your doctor or therapist first before taking this herb.
- Catuaba typically grows in the Amazon and is used to heighten sexual arousal in both men and women. It’s also mood lifting and could possibly play a role in protecting against brain-related disorders.
- Muira Puama, also known as potency wood, has a long history of remedying many female-related health issues. It improves sexual desire and sexual satisfaction, meaning it increases orgasm intensity. Men can use this herb too, in combination with other herbs, as a remedy for erectile dysfunction. In Brazil, it’s considered a natural tonic for physical and athletic performance and is often used to fight fatigue.
- Maca is a powder made from a root that grows high up in the mountains in South America. It increases libido and fertility in women, regulates hormones and enhances overall vitality.
- Ashwagandha is a strong Ayurvedic tonicum for women, indicated for low mental energy and vitalizes low sexual energy.